2008 - 2014 (GR) Impreza Lightweight Rear Bumper Beam
* These Bumper Beams are currently in stock and available to ship immediately. However, we are also running a Group Buy through the month of August for the next batch which could save you some money if you're not in a hurry. Please check it out here: GROUP BUY 2017
The Oswald Performance Rear Bumper Beam is a direct replacement for the stock beam on your 2008 - 2011 Impreza. It weighs 6 lbs (compared to ~21 lbs for the stock USDM beam). The left side mount is made of powdercoated steel and is heavily reinforced to serve as the attachment point for the stock tow hook.
While the handling improvement is not quite as dramatic as replacing the front bumper beam, dropping 15 lbs from the very rear helps to further reduce the car's polar moment of inertia. This makes the car easier to rotate, allowing quicker turn-in and transitions. Of course, the weight reduction will also subtly increase the car's acceleration and maximum cornering grip while decreasing tire and brake wear.
For Off-Highway use only.
- Weighs 6 lbs (Stock beam weighs ~21 lbs)
- Constructed of TIG Welded 5052-H32 Aluminum Sheet
- Direct replacement of stock Beam using stock mounting hardware
- Factory Tow Hook is still functional